Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79503members
344313posts

Why does my Smart UPS keep performing self test every two weeks

Solved
tsamms_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Why does my Smart UPS keep performing self test every two weeks

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/17/2013

Hello all, so I have a Smart UPS 3000 and through the network management card I set it to never perform a self test. Every two weeks though it performs a self test and it looks like this:

10/09/201309:27:26UPS: passed via management device a self-test.
10/09/201309:27:18UPS: Started a self-test.

Is this because of the UPS or the network management card? Self test is also set to No at the LCD menu of the UPS itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Why does my Smart UPS keep performing self test every two weeks

This reply was originally posted by Joe on APC forums on 10/18/2013

Depending on you old your unit is and, therefore, the hardware revision level, it may be because of the UPS itself.  If the UPS firmware revision level is, I believe, 7.x, it is probably the UPS and I don't believe the firmware can be updated to the latest version 9.x.

My experience with my own SMT3000 can be found in this thread:  http://forums.apc.com/thread/13615?start=0&tstart=0

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Why does my Smart UPS keep performing self test every two weeks

This reply was originally posted by Joe on APC forums on 10/18/2013

Depending on you old your unit is and, therefore, the hardware revision level, it may be because of the UPS itself.  If the UPS firmware revision level is, I believe, 7.x, it is probably the UPS and I don't believe the firmware can be updated to the latest version 9.x.

My experience with my own SMT3000 can be found in this thread:  http://forums.apc.com/thread/13615?start=0&tstart=0