Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
80918members
347040posts

SmartUPS 700RM2U with a four-battery tray?

Solved
harling_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

SmartUPS 700RM2U with a four-battery tray?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/13/2016

Will the internals of a SU700RM2U work with the four-battery tray from a SU1400RM2U?  Seems to me they both operate at 24V and the extra batteries "should" only require runtime recalibration at most--but I'm not willing to bet my 700 on that without some corroboration.

Accepted Solutions
UnexpectedBill_apc
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Re: SmartUPS 700RM2U with a four-battery tray?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/14/2016

I haven't tried it myself, but I see no obvious reason why it wouldn't work. (You might have to configure the unit to believe it has a externally attached battery to get the calibrations right.) I do plan to try it, if I can get the four battery tray at a reasonable cost. Or I could probably add the wiring to what I've got already...if I find the time.

You may also want to install a cooling fan. I believe the SU700RM2U will overheat quickly under anything more than 50% load if the runtime is extended. I plan to add one to mine as a matter of course.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
UnexpectedBill_apc
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Re: SmartUPS 700RM2U with a four-battery tray?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/14/2016

I haven't tried it myself, but I see no obvious reason why it wouldn't work. (You might have to configure the unit to believe it has a externally attached battery to get the calibrations right.) I do plan to try it, if I can get the four battery tray at a reasonable cost. Or I could probably add the wiring to what I've got already...if I find the time.

You may also want to install a cooling fan. I believe the SU700RM2U will overheat quickly under anything more than 50% load if the runtime is extended. I plan to add one to mine as a matter of course.