Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79189members
343723posts

Smart-UPS X 3000: Battery Temperature Sensor (Internal Temperature)

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Smart-UPS X 3000: Battery Temperature Sensor (Internal Temperature)

This question was originally posted by Pavel on APC forums on 1/28/2015

I'm getting this Alarms  SENSOR TYPE: Battery Temperature |  SENSOR TYPE: Temp | Value Too High - 95.0 F. I check the UPS and see this is for  the Internal Temperature  not the  Universal I/O Temp Sensor I  have connected on port 1. 

My question is: Can the threshold of the internal temperature alarm trigger be change? or is this a factory setting that cannot be change?

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Smart-UPS X 3000: Battery Temperature Sensor (Internal Temperature)

This reply was originally posted by Pavel on APC forums on 1/28/2015

Thanks Angela again - I checked my logs earlier and it seems that we have had this problem for a while now. Im contacting support to see if they recommend a battery change or something else.

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 1/28/2015

Hi Pavel,

Yes, this is a factory setting. UPS Internal Temperature threshold is specific to the UPS model/type and I don't know of a UPS that we offer that actually allows you to change it.

Thus, I suggest you investigate if there is a hot battery or other issue with this UPS as soon as possible to avoid other problems.

Does the ambient temperature probe near the UPS read hot too, which could maybe indicate there is another problem in the area?

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Thanks for the clarification Angela

The ambient temp the probe near the UPS is reading at 77F. Right now the Batt Temp went down to 89F

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 1/28/2015

Oh ok. I'd definitely keep an eye on it to make sure there is not a problem with the battery or something like that. I would expect something a little bit closer to 70-80ºF. You could also check the data log to see what TupsF (internal temp of the UPS) column shows over time and see if it has steadily climbed and when it started.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Thanks Angela again - I checked my logs earlier and it seems that we have had this problem for a while now. Im contacting support to see if they recommend a battery change or something else.