Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79465members
344243posts

Smart-UPS 3000 Test Button

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Smart-UPS 3000 Test Button

This question was originally posted by Matt on APC forums on 1/23/2008

I have a Smart-UPS 3000 with a flashing "Replace Battery/Battery Disconnected" light. If I try a self-test by pressing and holding the Test button, will that affect the power to servers connected to it? I heard "no" but "maybe" depending on the current charge of the possibly failing battery. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
TheNotoriousKMP_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Re: Smart-UPS 3000 Test Button

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/24/2008

If the LED is flashing indicating the battery is indeed disconnected, and you initiate a self-test the potential for your load to power off, along with the UPS is very high. If the LED was solid, and not flashing, that's where you are 50/50 depending on the battery capacity.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
TheNotoriousKMP_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

If the LED is flashing indicating the battery is indeed disconnected, and you initiate a self-test the potential for your load to power off, along with the UPS is very high. If the LED was solid, and not flashing, that's where you are 50/50 depending on the battery capacity.

Cap1_apc
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

To add-

You should try reconnecting your battery connections. On the newer "SUA" units, there is a triangular quick battery disconnect on the back of the unit. Make sure that connection is also secure.