Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79168members
343666posts

Script to change apc username / password for APC 1500

Solved
coolapc_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Script to change apc username / password for APC 1500

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/21/2009

Can we use script to change APC 1500 username and password? How about to change other options such as fill in DNS entry, set date and time, etc.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
voidstar_apc
Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

Re: Script to change apc username / password for APC 1500

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/22/2009

If you're talking about a network management card attached to an APC UPS, then the answer is yes. There are two methods to script changes the NMC's settings over the network. First, you may use [Net-SNMP|http://www.net-snmp.org/] to perform SNMP sets and you can FTP a script-generated config.ini file onto the network management card. Between these two options, almost every setting can be changed.

While I don't have access to an NMC at the moment to verify that DNS as well as Date and Time can be changed, I know that usernames and passwords can.

If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
voidstar_apc
Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

Re: Script to change apc username / password for APC 1500

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/22/2009

If you're talking about a network management card attached to an APC UPS, then the answer is yes. There are two methods to script changes the NMC's settings over the network. First, you may use [Net-SNMP|http://www.net-snmp.org/] to perform SNMP sets and you can FTP a script-generated config.ini file onto the network management card. Between these two options, almost every setting can be changed.

While I don't have access to an NMC at the moment to verify that DNS as well as Date and Time can be changed, I know that usernames and passwords can.

If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask.