Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79193members
343730posts

SMART UPS 8000 connection

Solved
chonghai.yap_at_hitachigst.com_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

SMART UPS 8000 connection

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/31/2011

Hi,

I need to configure a Smart UPS 8000 to different output. I tried to download PowerChute Personal Edition v 2.0.0 for Windows XP but the FTP connection always time out. Where else can I find the file ?

Regards,
Yap Chong Hai

Message was edited by: chonghai.yap@hitachigst.com

Accepted Solutions
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: SMART UPS 8000 connection

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/2/2011

I have managed to use the ARP command to reassign IP address. It is now working well and I have reconfigure the output from 208 to 240. Thanks.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 11/1/2011

hi - powerchute personal edition is only supported by Back UPS, not Smart UPS.

this UPS ships with a network management card inside of it. you need to remove personal edition and configure the network management card with a serial cable or other method mentioned in the article listed here. [how do i configure my network management card?|http://nam-en.apc.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3061]. you will need to see if you have an AP9631 and AP9619 and proceed accordingly.

changing the output voltage should also be done with no load to avoid any damage if the equipment cant handle the voltage change. the AP9619 or AP9631 user's guide can be referenced to see how to change the voltage but generally if you assign an IP to the NMC, you can easily do it via the web UI.

BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 11/2/2011

no problem!

Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/2/2011

I have managed to use the ARP command to reassign IP address. It is now working well and I have reconfigure the output from 208 to 240. Thanks.