Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79503members
344313posts

Regarding UPS starting to discharge instead of charging the batteries

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Regarding UPS starting to discharge instead of charging the batteries

This question was originally posted by pushpalatha on APC forums on 5/1/2017

Good day

I am using an APC SURT 3000 UPS. The UPS is fully functional and good to be used UPS. However when there is a power glitch and the power returns back the UPS goes to bypass mode and the below message appears

The battery starts discharging instead of charging and ultimately becomes dead in matter of 24 hours.

The batteries are very new and the UPS is new as well.

Regards

Attachments
Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Regarding UPS starting to discharge instead of charging the batteries

This reply was originally posted by William on APC forums on 5/1/2017

Hello,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your UPS. Could you please provide the model and serial number so we may have a better idea of what we are dealing with. How long has this unit been experiencing this issue? Also, this only happens after a power interruption, correct?

Thank you

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Regarding UPS starting to discharge instead of charging the batteries

This reply was originally posted by William on APC forums on 5/1/2017

Hello,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your UPS. Could you please provide the model and serial number so we may have a better idea of what we are dealing with. How long has this unit been experiencing this issue? Also, this only happens after a power interruption, correct?

Thank you