Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79542members
344374posts

Power Chute and SNMP

Solved
davecason_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Power Chute and SNMP

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/25/2009

Hi,

Does anyone know if APC's Power Chute Business Basic can talk to Windows SNMP or a third party Agent?

I have a SMART-UPS 1500RM2U in a rack thats plugged in with a smart signaling cable to an XP PC we run as a server, its a happy camper on COM 1. Both the new 8.01 Agent and ACP Server are running on the PC and I have the APC Console running on that box as well.

When I log in to the APC Console one of the Aadvanced Options is to enable the SNMP communication on that system. Does power chute pass off the SNMP traps to the Windows SNMP for forwarding to my SNMP system for monitoring.

A tech at APC said it will work as long as I have UDP port 7846 open and avial. Is this true? Also I'm guessing that the PowerNet MIB must be added to my SNMP server - right ?

Cheers'
Dave

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Power Chute and SNMP

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 2/26/2009

hi

yes PCBE is an SNMP agent and can talk to a NMS where you need the MIB uploaded i believe.

[take a look at this article for assistance|http://nam-en.apc.com/cgi-bin/nam_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2789]

let us know if you have any other questions after checking that out.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Power Chute and SNMP

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 2/26/2009

hi

yes PCBE is an SNMP agent and can talk to a NMS where you need the MIB uploaded i believe.

[take a look at this article for assistance|http://nam-en.apc.com/cgi-bin/nam_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2789]

let us know if you have any other questions after checking that out.