Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79459members
344231posts

Phase synchronization for rack mounted ATS units?

Solved
cernst_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Phase synchronization for rack mounted ATS units?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/6/2014

I'm researching a solution to install out in my remote locations.  I'm trying to have a setup that involves primary source to a Smart-UPS (line-interactive) unit and the secondary source to commercial/generator power.  I've seen other brands with large warnings which state the input phases must be synchronized to prevent over-voltage.  I did not see such warnings in the documentation of the AP7750A.  Can this be clarified if the input phases must be synchronized?

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Phase synchronization for rack mounted ATS units?

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 5/7/2014

You're very welcome! cool

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 5/6/2014

We support out of phase switching up to 180º on our next generation model Rack ATS models (so basically every ATS model you will find EXCEPT AP7750, AP7722, AP7701). AP7750A is a hardware update to the older AP7750 in order to provide the same input/output power configuration but provides the out of phase switching capability along with some other enhancements.

This is highlighted in this Rack ATS technical brochure -> http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/THON-7GTPY6/THON-7GTPY6_R5_EN.pdf

cernst_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/7/2014

Admittedly, I don't normally look at brochures for tech features / info.  smile  Thank you, this may be a game changer for my deployments in critical locations.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 5/7/2014

You're very welcome! cool