Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79353members
344046posts

More than 1 UPS connected via serial to a single PC for monitoring?

Solved
ChrisDTC_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

More than 1 UPS connected via serial to a single PC for monitoring?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/15/2009

I want to be able to monitor 2 UPS's with a single PC. One UPS (a Smart-UPS 700XL) is for the PC and I have another UPS (a Smart-UPS 2200) for my networking rack. When I installed the PowerChute Business agent 7.0 on the PC only the 700XL was connected to it via Serial and it detected it no problem. I can see it in the console and everything. Now using the second serial port on the PC I want to be able to monitor the 2200. Is this possible?

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: More than 1 UPS connected via serial to a single PC for monitoring?

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 4/16/2009

i dont believe this is possible. you can only have once instance of powerchute business edition running which can only monitor one UPS at a time. the only solution i see at this point would be to monitor the 700XL and when you want to monitor the 2200, you could stop the powerchute business edition service (APCPBE Agent) from running, move the serial cable to the 2200's serial port and then restart the powerchute service to view the data and status on that device. its not an ideal solution i know but someone correctly me if you can think of any other ideas..

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: More than 1 UPS connected via serial to a single PC for monitoring?

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 4/16/2009

i dont believe this is possible. you can only have once instance of powerchute business edition running which can only monitor one UPS at a time. the only solution i see at this point would be to monitor the 700XL and when you want to monitor the 2200, you could stop the powerchute business edition service (APCPBE Agent) from running, move the serial cable to the 2200's serial port and then restart the powerchute service to view the data and status on that device. its not an ideal solution i know but someone correctly me if you can think of any other ideas..