Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79278members
343949posts

I have changed the password for my NMC on my UPS. Do I need to update password for existing PCNS connections on my protected servers?

Solved
aaronteh_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

I have changed the password for my NMC on my UPS. Do I need to update password for existing PCNS connections on my protected servers?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/26/2013

Hello,

I have changed the password for my NMC on my UPS. Do I need to update password for existing PCNS connections on my protected servers to the same one? If I am not wrong

for initial connection it uses the 'username', 'password' and 'passphrase'.

It seems that existing PCNS connections to the NMC are still fine after changing my NMC password.

Kind Regards,

Aaron

Tags (3)

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: I have changed the password for my NMC on my UPS. Do I need to update password for existing PCNS connections on my protected servers?

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 3/27/2013

Hi aaronteh - you're correct. Today for AP9617/18/19 (all firmware versions) or AP9630/31 (v5.X) require only the same administrator username between PCNS and the NMC. Password can be different.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: I have changed the password for my NMC on my UPS. Do I need to update password for existing PCNS connections on my protected servers?

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 3/27/2013

Hi aaronteh - you're correct. Today for AP9617/18/19 (all firmware versions) or AP9630/31 (v5.X) require only the same administrator username between PCNS and the NMC. Password can be different.