Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79516members
344340posts

DLA2200RM2U flashing lights after power on

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

DLA2200RM2U flashing lights after power on

This question was originally posted by Matt on APC forums on 7/29/2016

Not sure what's going on yet and of course it's after hours for tech support.  Hope somebody can help me here.

When we turn it on, it does the self test then all the LED lights just start flashing.

I actually have a video of it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fmsal4z5tisbxpe/Video.MOV?dl=0

Happens no matter if there's a load on the unit or not.  We've tried switching outlets and power cables with a known working unit.  

We've replaced the batteries.  Same thing.

Is this thing hosed, or is there anything else we can do?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: DLA2200RM2U flashing lights after power on

This reply was originally posted by Matt on APC forums on 7/30/2016

Thank you for the quick reply!  I'll go fetch my 9lb sledge and see what I can do tongue-out

Or I'll just order a new one from Amazon.

Again, thank you.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
UnexpectedBill_apc
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 7/30/2016

The multiple flashing lights are indicators of an internal fault. (The number of illuminated lights varies depending upon the fault.)

In most cases the problem is a sticking or burnt-out (welded) relay. Technically speaking, a repair is possible but you will be working entirely on your own and there is very real danger in working on these units. The units are not considered repairable.

Sometimes smartly rapping the relay casings will cause them to become unstuck, allowing a successful startup and confirming the problem. Do this only with the unit completely disconnected from all electrical supplies, including batteries...if you do it at all.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Matt on APC forums on 7/30/2016

Thank you for the quick reply!  I'll go fetch my 9lb sledge and see what I can do tongue-out

Or I'll just order a new one from Amazon.

Again, thank you.