Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79160members
343630posts

Confusion about Critical Events and Status

Solved
Khue_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/20/2010

I have a RM Smart-UPS 1000VA that's currently in a critical status. It has 2 errors. It has failed a self test and the battery keeps flopping between disconnected and connected states. Typically what I would do in this case, is order a new battery. This usually fixes the situation. My question is, if the device failed a self test, then why is it telling me that the battery is ok? SNMP is telling me VIA Battery_Replacement_Indicator that the condition is "Battery OK."

Accepted Solutions
Khue_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

I have a RM Smart-UPS 1000VA that's currently in a critical status. It has 2 errors. It has failed a self test and the battery keeps flopping between disconnected and connected states. Typically what I would do in this case, is order a new battery. This usually fixes the situation. My question is, if the device failed a self test, then why is it telling me that the battery is ok? SNMP is telling me VIA Battery_Replacement_Indicator that the condition is "Battery OK."

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
Khue_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes