Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79117members
343467posts

Request for Enhancement: SmartConnect to include a field to display the Product ID

Solved
LarryK
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Request for Enhancement: SmartConnect to include a field to display the Product ID

Until I had the need to know what a client's device's Product ID was, I did not know that the SmartConnect web page did not display this information.

It is a required field to create the record - how is it possible that it is not displayed to the user?

Here's hoping someone can come to their senses and include this vital piece of information in a future cloud update.

Thanks!

Larry

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
LarryK
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: Request for Enhancement: SmartConnect to include a field to display the Product ID

I have been informed that

“due to cyber security reasons, the SC Product Key will only be visible on a SC device when you have physical access. There is no other way to access this key.”

So I'll close this request up.

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Request for Enhancement: SmartConnect to include a field to display the Product ID

@LarryK 

You will find the Product ID in the profile. Log into the portal. From the dashboard, go to the View UPS. Once at the UPS status page, scroll down, and you will see the UPS profile that includes the product ID#.

Profile page.png

Tags (1)
LarryK
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

My mistake - and it is significant.

I should have said the Product KEY!  That's the 1A-2B3C-4D5E-6F7A value that appears underneath the Product ID on the QR label.

Tags (1)
LarryK
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

I have been informed that

“due to cyber security reasons, the SC Product Key will only be visible on a SC device when you have physical access. There is no other way to access this key.”

So I'll close this request up.

Tags (1)